Our children's fashion design summer camp in NYC is a wonderful way to spend summer vacation. Students ages 6-8 years old will learn to sew using a sewing machine, illustrate and design fashion, create personalized accessories and have a blast with other fashion-forward kids!
Each day breaks down into three classes with experienced instructors (and our CPR & First Aid certified TFC staffers) who work in the fashion industry. Small class sizes allow each camper to get the attention and tools they need to design and create.
We’ll start the morning off with sewing in our large fully equipped sewing studio where we make real, wearable garments (campers will sew three items in one week). After lunch (and some fun fashion games) campers will move on to accessory design and make fabulous jewelry. Our last class of the day is call Art & Design which combines a bit of fashion illustration, painting, working with fabrics and other fun design-related lessons.
Designed as a 2-week program campers can register for 1+ weeks (after two weeks some lessons may repeat). All supplies (except lunch) are included. So join us this summer in our loft styled studio in the heart of NYC's Fashion District!
- Week 1: July 2nd - July 6th 2018 (no camp on 7/4)
- Week 2: July 9th - July 13th 2018
- Week 3: July 16th - July 20th 2018
- Week 4: July 23rd - July 27th 2018
- Week 5: July 30th - Aug 3rd 2018
- Week 6: Aug 6th - Aug 10th 2018
- Week 7: Aug 13th - Aug 17th 2018
- Week 8: Aug 20th - Aug 24th 2018
- Week 9: Aug 27th - Aug 31st 2018
- Ages 6-8yrs
- Location: 21 West 39th Street 4th floor New York NY 10018
- Time: 10AM-3PM (extended day available)*
- Price: $1100/2-weeks or $600/wk**
- Lunch/snack provided by parent
- All supplies included and campers keep what they've made
- Early Drop off (9 AM) and Late Pick Up (5 PM) available for $15/hr
Breakdown of the Day:
- 10-11:15am Sewing: Campers will sew real and wearable clothing on our Singer Quantum Stylist Sewing machines complete with LCD touch screen, finger guards and plenty of fun embroidery stitches!
- 11:15-12pm Lunch & Fashion Games
- 12-1pm Accessory Design: After all that sewing it's time for some hands-on DIY, in this design class campers will make accessories, jewelry and room decor - all with their own personalized touch.
- 1-3pm Art & Design: Fashion sketching, designing clothing, painting fabric and creating fashion logos are all part of this relaxing end-of-the-day design class.